You may have seen this product on the shelves already. I tested it out to see if it really made tasty rice in 10 minutes! I have made regular rice before and had it turn out a bit crunchy, so I definitely think rice can be a touchy thing to make. Minute Rice has different rices available. For this review, I looked at the 10 minute Jasmine and Basmati rice.
Scroll down for the Giveaway! 🙂
How to make Minute Rice:
- Get out a pot, add in a packet of the rice with 1 1/4 cup of water. Bring to a boil, then cover pot and reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes. Done!
- Fast to make – lives up to only taking 10 minutes (plus 1-2 mins while you wait for the water to boil)
- Tastes good – Seems pretty fool proof since I know I’ve messed up rice in the past, but haven’t with this!
- The individual packets make the process even faster and help with portion-control
- Packets keep rice fresh
- Excess plastic to hold the individual rice portions
THE FOLLOWING GIVEAWAY IS SADLY OVER, BUT I’LL ALWAYS POST FUTURE GIVEAWAYS ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE!
Minute Rice Giveaway Info & Rules
- 1 lucky Reader will win 36 boxes of Minute Rice. Wowza! 🙂
- Contest is open to people living in Canada only.
- You must respond to my email within 5 days if you are the winner or another winner will be drawn.
- 1 Entry Per Person and Per Household.
HOW TO ENTER:
Sorry, the contest is over! 🙂
- 2 pouches Minute Rice Jasmine Rice
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce / Braggs Soy Aminos
- 2 tbsp maple syrup / honey
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil / coconut oil
- ¾ lb vegan "beef"/tofu, thinly sliced
- 4 tsp finely chopped ginger
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2½ cups small broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp finely chopped green onion
- Remove rice from per-portioned pouch; set aside. Whisk soy sauce
- with honey, ketchup and rice wine vinegar until combined.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add
- beef, ginger and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or
- until starts to brown. Stir in soy sauce mixture; bring to a boil. Cook for
- seconds to 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl; keep warm.
- Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Add rice. Reduce heat, cover and
- simmer for 10 minutes, adding broccoli in the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir beef into rice. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.