Been trying to get back into eating frequent, light meals so that I don’t get weighed down before workouts and so I can keep energized throughout the day. Riceless sushi is always a lovely light meal idea. I made some super simple rolls with only steamed cabbage, cucumber and avocado. If I had some carrots, I would have added in some of that as well. These are quite plain, so I added some wasabi to my soy sauce so give them a super kick of spiceyness. Pickled ginger would have been a nice addition too.
- Nori Sheets, Bamboo Sushi Mat
- Lightly steamed Cabbage, chopped into thin strips
- Cucumber, seeds removed (if you wish). I decided to keep on the skin as it has a lot of nutrients
- Avocado, sliced
- Other ideas: Sliced carrot, baby spinach, chopped pineapple, radish, mushrooms, alfalfa sprouts…
- If you haven’t rolled sushi before and want to know how, there are many sites online, but I have also made a video for another sushi recipe that shows how one can roll them. I am -no- expert, but I get by with my whack ways, hehe.
- I guess that’s it, really… If you enjoy the spicyness, mix some wasabi in with some sodium-reduced soy sauce and some pickled ginger and enjoy!
This wasn’t much of a recipe post, and surely not an original one. Just thought it was worth posting in case one is lookin’ for some variations for their sushi or some healthy meal ideas.