This chickpea veggie coleslaw salad is so quick to prepare and the recipe is not rigid at all, so feel free to add in anything that you wanna use up. Maybe you have a couple of mushrooms or cucumber in the fridge? Toss that in too. 🙂 Very versatile – Use as a straight salad, a spread, filling…
- 1 Can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ block Firm Tofu
- 2 cups dry Cabbage Coleslaw
- ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
- ½ Red/Yellow/Orange Pepper, chopped
- 1 Rib Celery, chopped
- Handful of Pepitas and Sunflower Seeds
- 1 tbs Low Sodium Soy Sauce / Coconut Aminos / Nama Shoyu
- 1 tbs Mustard (whatever kind you like)
- 1 tbs Vegan Mayo
- Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Cayenne Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Lemon Pepper
- 1 tbs Lemon Juice
- 1 tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ tsp Ground Thyme
- Chopped Cilantro, about 2 tbs or to taste.
- Get out a large-sized tupperware or bowl and add in the chickpeas. Mash well with a potato masher. Add in the tofu and mash as well.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and combine together well.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Serve as a salad, a spread for crackers, sandwiches, or rice paper spring rolls.