One of my favourite quick vegan snacks to make is a chickpea spread/pate (or sometimes referred to as faux “tuna”, depending on how you flavour it). I’ve been eating it quite a lot lately, and it is very versatile.
- 1 can of low-sodium/no salt Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ⅓-1/2 sheet Nori (seaweed sheet)
- 1 tsp dijon / regular mustard
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp curry powder
- cayenne / red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1½ tbs vegan mayo (or silken tofu)
- 1-2 tbs nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar / white vinegar
- 1 celery stalk, chopped into small cubes
- Add everything except for the celery into a food processor/blender and blend until mostly smooth. Sometimes it's nice to leave some semi-whole chickpeas to add texture. Stir in the chopped celery and you're done!
- Serve on top of salad, on crackers, in a rice paper or lettuce wrap, in a pita or tortilla, or in a nori sheet and make chickpea spread "sushi'... I like adding either chopped pickle or green olives into the mixture. Yummmmm. 🙂
~ ~ ~ ~