I have a tasty review today! Do you like ginger? How about candy? How about ginger candy? 😉 Sometimes one of our extra special dance teachers gets us to do this thing called, “whirling”. What is “whirling?” Well, it is whirling/spinning in one direction for 30 seconds…1 minute….3 minutes…6 minutes… And at the end of that, it isn’t unheard of to feel a bit woozy or like you full on wanna puke (well, maybe not that dramatic). This is not a very desirable state to be in, so we have found that chewing on a piece of ginger candy works great for reducing the nausea! Yay! Chimes makes such yummy soft ginger chew candies that you’ll want to eat them as a treat and not just for easing nausea/motion sickness.
There are currently five kinds of Chimes ginger chews and I only recently found out that they have Peanut Butter kind!!! :O I never would have thought to pair ginger with peanut butter, but it works! (Actually, I do enjoy ginger in Asian dishes paired with a peanut dipping sauce, so I guess it makes total sense!). I’ve listed the flavours down below. The Peanut Butter kind was actually one of the original three kinds when they were first released in 2003. Geez, where have I been? They now also have Mango and Orange ginger chews.
More about Chimes ginger chews:
- They each come individually wrapped, which makes them great for taking some on the go and keeping some in your bag, office, desk…etc. Each ginger chew is 16 calories and contains 2-3 grams of sugar (from cane sugar).
- If you have ever had crystallized ginger, you know that it is very sugary and well, just too sugary…to my tastes, at least. Chimes chews are sweet, but not too much, and they have the nice warming sensation from the ginger. It is a nice balance. My favourite is now the peanut butter. I’m a sucker for most things with peanut butter.
- They are delicious and stop me from barfing when we whirl in drills class. – Angela Finnie, belly dancer
- Addictive. Delicious. The best candy ever. – Lucy McColl, belly dancer
- Nom nom nom nom. – Me, belly dancer & Calmmindbusybodier. ;} *Also, yesterday I felt super nauseous and ate a couple of Chimes Ginger chews and the nauseous significantly faded within a couple of minutes! I immediately put a few in my bag so I have them on hand.
My Favourite to Least Favourite:
- Peanut Butter
- Refreshing Ginger
- Tropical Mango
Chime Flavours (no additives or preservatives):
- Refreshing Ginger/Original – Cane Sugar, Choice Ginger, Tapioca Starch
- Tropical Mango – Cane Sugar, Choice Ginger, Mango Flavour, Tapioca Starch.
- Lively Peppermint – Cane Sugar, Choice Ginger, Tapioca Starch, Peppermint Oil.
- Creamy Peanut Butter – Cane Sugar, Choice Ginger, Peanut Butter, Tapioca Starch.
- Orange Citrus – Cane Sugar, Choice Ginger, Orange Flavour, Tapioca Starch.
Ginger helps with:
- Motion Sickness
- Hot Flashes
- Morning Sickness
Ways to use and add Ginger into your diet:
- For a sweets / candy fix! (Chimes is a great choice, obviously! ;))
- Smoothies / Green Juices
- Baked Goods
- Cold or Hot Tea
- Whole Foods (California & Mid-Atlantic)
- Cost Plus World Market (Nationwide)
- Fresh Market
- The Food Emporium (New York)
- Pete’s (Halifax, Nova Scotia)
- Organic Earth (Halifax, Nova Scotia)
Where to Find Chimes on the Web