Great way to get ready for exercising with a nutritionally packed tasty chocolate bananas smoothie drink. This is also good for after working out, but can also be made as a healthy treat or for a chocolate craving. For this I am using one of Amazing Grasses’ chocolate drink powders. I recently heard about them and wanted to give them a try. I’m very happy with the taste and ingredients. I also love that it’s unsweetened, so you can choose how you sweeten it yourself, whether with fruit, liquid/powder sweeteners like Stevia or Yakon syrup… Anyway, this is just a quick easy way to get ready for a great exercise… really gets me into the mood.
- 1 Banana (frozen or unfrozen)
- 1 Scoop of Amazing Grass Green Superfood Chocolate Drink Powder
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Milk / Rice Milk (or Soy, Hemp…whatever your favorite is)
- Optional: 1-2 drops Vanilla Stevia (or plain)
- Ice Cubes
- Add all the ingredients into a blender (I added the ice cubes after because the Magic Bullet can’t really handle them too well) and blend well. Allow to chill in the freezer/fridge or drink straight away.
I definitely recommend freezing your bananas before making this drink. Makes it cold, thick and slushy. For a list of the ingredients in the chocolate powder I used, you can stroll over to this page on Amazing Grasses’ site.