Using little chocolate moulds for your raw chocolates are an easy way to make stunning and impressive desserts, and in hardly any time at all! Because these are made from high quality ingredients and are kept the in freezer, they have a melt-in-your-mouth taste and are sure to impress your friends or for giving to someone for Valentine’s day or any other special occaison. Just make sure to keep them in a cool place or they may start to melt!
- Raw Cacao
- Coconut Oil
- Pure Vanilla Extract / Vanilla Bean Powder
- Sea Salt (I used Himalayan Pink Sea Salt)
- Sweetener (I used Honey and Lucuma Powder, but you can substitute for another)
- *You also need some chocolate/candy molds, or you could just use little cupcake liners if you don't have any
- Melt some coconut oil (I end up with around 5-6 tbs of oil once it had melted, but it depends on how many chocolates you wish to make. I believe this amount made around 4 of these chocolates as well as a few peanut butter cups) and pour into a bowl.
- Add in a pinch of salt. Start adding in small amounts of cacao and start stirring. You want a syrup-type consistency. Don't worry, the coconut oil will cause everything to solidify quite quickly when placed in the freezer since coconut oil is solid when cold. Add in the vanilla and sweetener. Now you just had to taste-test the mixture to see if it's sweet enough for your liking, or too sweet and adjust accordingly.
- When you are happy with the taste, carefully pour the chocolate into the moulds or liners and pop into the freezer for at least 20 minutes, or until solid. You can pop them out of the moulds at this point, just make sure they go back into the freezer if you have leftovers. If they have been in the freezer for a long time, you may want to wait 1 or 2 minutes for them to soften a touch before eating one, although they don't tend to get super-crazy hard.
Enjoy! These are really delicious! Just do one extra step to make these into chocolate peanut butter cups!