A chocolately chippy green smoothie with some collard greens snuck in there (you won’t taste it… unless you added a whole lot in there!). Great for when you are getting a bit sick of your fruity smoothies or need a bit of a healthy chocolate fix, as was my reason for making this. I’m going to have some now before my work out. I omitted any nut butters, but I’m sure a tablespoon of peanut or almond butter would be awesome in this.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ gluten-free rolled oats
- 2-3 collard green leaves (or spinach or kale)
- 1 scoop amazing grass chocolate drink powder (or your fave protein powder)
- 1 tbs carob powder (or cacao powder)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 ice cubes
- 1 tbs vegan chocolate chips
- optional: ½ tbs almond butter / peanut butter
- Place the oats and almond milk in your blender and allow them to soak for about 15 minutes. Next add in the collard leaves and fully blend. Add in the rest of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips and blend until smooth. Add in more almond milk if it is too thick for your liking. If it isn't sweet enough, you can add in a pitted date or two to naturally sweeten it up. Then toss in the chocolate chips and quickly blend for a couple of seconds to chop them up. Pour into a glass and top with cacao nibs for some extra nutrition and texture.
- Nom nom nom.