Here is a rich and decadent dessert to not feel guilty about. Only about 200 calories (or less). You can omit the spring roll wrapper, the peanut butter, the berries…mix it up! It is divine with a small bit of dark chocolate too. Peanut butter & banana just goes together so well, doesn’t it? There were only green bananas at the market today… or else I would have been tempted to make this again.
- 1 spring roll wrapper
- 1 small banana
- 1-2 tbs blueberries, sliced peach, mango…
- ½ tbs natural peanut butter / almond butter
- ½ tbs dark chocolate / vegan chocolate chips / cacao nibs
- ground cinnamon / nutmeg
- optional: sprinkle powdered vegan sugar (finely ground up xylitol works for a natural sugar-free powdered “sugar”!)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lay out spring roll wrapper and place peeled banana, fruit, chocolate, cinnamon and/or nutmeg near the bottom half. Tightly roll up spring roll, being carefully not to tear it. Place on some parchment on a baking sheet and bake for around 10-15 minutes. Top with a bit of peanut butter if you’d like.
- Omit the spring roll wrapper and baking aspect all together and just eat a banana, berries, cinnamon and peanut butter as a pre/post workout snack or dessert.