Chickpeas are so versatile. It’s amazing what you can do with them. You can toss them in salads, in stir-frys, make them into flour, add them to soups, make sandwich spreads… and make them into delicious chickpea fritters/patties!
For more chickpea recipes, click here.
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 garlic Cloves, minced
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp cayenne
- 1 tbs flour (gluten-free, whole wheat, chickpea flour, oat flour...)
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- chili paste (Optional, I just like the extra spice)
- Preheat oven to 325
- Add the chickpeas into a food processor / blender along with the minced garlic, cumin, curry, cayenne, nutritional yeast and 1 tbs of oil and blend until you form a chickpea paste.
- Lay out a cutting board and/or some parchment paper and sprinkle with some flour. Form patties with the chickpea mixture and pat both sides of patty in the flour.
- (I decided to brown the patties on a skillet before baking.) Add 2 tbs oil to a heated skillet and saute the patties on each side for about 4 minutes.
- Place sauteed patties on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes.