So I’ve been playing around with vegan pancakes lately and tweaking ingredients and quantities. I have one really tasty apple and banana infused vegan pancake I’ve been digging, but they weren’t fluffy, which is fine, but I really wanted to capture the fluffiness that you tend to get with pancake mixes. I think this recipe does quite well in creating a soft, fluffy pancake. The orange juice makes it all the tastier! They are easy to flip, too. I find that sometimes low fat/vegan pancakes and crepes can fall apart a little bit when maneuvering.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1¼ cup whole wheat flour / gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 banana
- ⅓ cup raisins
- ¼ cup wheat germ
- Add all ingredients in a bowl and mix until all ingredients are incorporated together.
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium-heat (can add some coconut oil or olive oil if desired and/or needed)
- Pour batter onto skillet, depending on how large you want your pancakes to be.
- Cook for a few minutes on either side. When the edges are starting to crisp, it’s a good sign that it can be flipped to the other side.
- Transfer onto plate and enjoy! :o)
- I find these to be quite sweet on their own from the apple sauce, banana and orange juice, so I don’t add much syrup as it can become too sweet.