Hello everyone! Poor Calm Mind Busy Body had been down for a few days. I decided to switch hosting companies and thought I’d be able to figure it all out myself, but I was wrong and royally made a mess of everything and accidentally deleted the site’s database. I was panicky and it was just an unpleasant and tedious experience. I switched over to Namecheap.com and oh my…they were beyond helpful and their response times were so fast. Someone from customer support worked with me until everything was all fixed. Thank. goodness. Thank you Namcheap…x100. Anyway, that was just a little aside!
I recently did a review of the DivaCup – a more eco-friendly alternative to pads and tampons. Fun fun! Have you heard of the DivaCup? Have you tried it? Well, it’s time for a Giveaway! I love the DivaCup. I purchased one over a year ago due to hearing some review about it on Youtube.
Disclaimer: I was not paid for my review or endorsement. I just love the product and wanted to share my experiences with you guys! :o)
My review of the DivaCup - For those who are interested in learning more and for my opinions and experiences.
Here is an overview from my review:
PROS / INFO
- Cheaper (in the long run – about $30 on iHerb, but it should last you a year if you clean it well)
- Comfortable – Because it is made of Silicon, it softens slightly when it comes in contact with our body heat, so it is able to fit with our bodies and create a comfortable fit.
- Leak-Proof (if it leaks you probably need to reposition it)
- Saves resources – you only need the one cup. Tampons and pads need to be constantly changed.
- Convenient – small enough to keep in your bag and comes with a little bag to keep it in.
- Free of Latex, BPAs, Rubber and Plastic
- You only need to empty it 2-3 times within a 24 hour period. Then you simply give it a wash and then use it again.
- Can be used overnight and during physical activities (yoga, swimming, camping, dancing, extreme sports…) without leaking
- No association with TSS (Toxic Shock Syndrome)
- No odour – Because the Diva Cup is an internal cup, there is no odour since that is only an issue when fluid is exposed to air.
- Unpigmented – No dyes used in the Diva Cup
- It is initially more expensive (But saves you money in the long run)
- Some people may not ever feel comfortable with the process of inserting or emptying the Diva Cup. I think most people will get used to it, but it is ultimately up to the person and if you are really uncomfortable, then I wouldn’t use the Diva Cup.
- Even though there are two different models and the silicone does a great job of fitting to our unique bodies, there may be some people who find that the Diva Cup just never fits right, which could cause leaking and discomfort.
- Could be a little tricky cleaning it, depending on where you are. If you are at work or at the mall and want to empty and clean your Diva Cup, unless you have a bathroom to yourself, it is not always that convenient. If you know this is going to be the case, I would try to time when you put in your Diva Cup, or empty it right before you leave the house so you don’t get stuck with an awkward moment of finding a private place to clean it.
- May not be suitable for people with IUDs. Ask your doctor about using a menstrual cup if you already have an IUD.
*Isn’t a form of birth control and creates no protection against STDs. Can’t be used during intercourse, but can be left in while using the bathroom.
- 1 Person will win a DivaCup in their desired model - There are two models of DivaCup – If you win I will ask you which model you would like:
Model 1 – For women under 30 years old who have never delivered vaginally or by c-section.
Model 2 – For women over 30 years old and/or for women who have delivered vaginally or by c-section.
- Contest is open to people living in Canada and the United States.
- You must respond to my email within 5 days if you are the winner or another winner will be drawn.
- 1 Entry Per Person and Per Household.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Comment on this page stating you’d like to enter this contest and also include your First name, First Letter of last name and email.
- Contest will be open until Wednesday, November 13th ’13 at 12pm Atlantic Time / 10am ES. No entries will be counted after that.
- I will mention the winners on our Facebook page!
- I will find the winner via a random integer website.