Now this raw dessert is especially great! One of the fastest to prepare and only a few ingredients – No additional sweetener needed! And of course, it’s a flourless, butterless eggless brownie recipe. Only nuts, dates for stickiness and sweetness and a pinch of salt…oh, and of course raw cacao for the chocolate flavour! So delish.
- Grind up the cashews until fine. Add into a large bowl. Do the same for the almond flour. (I happened to have some almond flour on hand, but if you don't have any, use a little under a cup of raw almonds to make a cup of ground almonds).
- Add the Cacao to the bowl and start mixing the ground nuts and cacao together.
- Depending on how powerful your food processor is, add in some or all of the dates and dry mixture to your processor and process until the dates are broken down and incorporated into the mixture.
- Chopped up the raw almonds into small pieces and add into the bowl with everything else. Add the salt. Mixmixmix and then use your hands to test the consistency of the mixture and make sure it holds together. The mixture is going to look bitty and all in pieces, but that's ok. Once you pack the mixture into a pan and put it in the freezer for a while, it'll still be crumbly, but should hold together well. You may need to add in more/less dates depending on what kind you use. I didn't have great ones in the house, so I had to add more because they weren't very soft and "juicy".
- When you're finish mixing, get out a small brownie pan and line with plastic wrap. Add in the mixture and spread evenly. Press firmly down on the mixture so it's packed tight. Place in the freezer for 1-2 hrs and then lift the plastic wrap carefully to remove the brownies and cut them.
I almost added honey to these because I didn’t think they’d stay together before I put them in the pan. The mixture is very crumbly but just make sure to pack tightly in the pan and they should be stupendous 😉