Hey everyone! It has been ages since I have made a Fitness related post. I have been wanting to put together some of my favourite workout tunes for a while now. I find a rockin’ or groovin’ song really puts me in the mood and can increase the productiveness and effort of my workouts by 1000%. It can be especially helpful if you are putting off a workout. Maybe you have some peaceful Radiohead playing and are lounging in your boxers whilst refreshing the browser window. (This…hasn’t been me… nope.) Some excuses I have tried giving myself are, “I am clean and don’t want to get sweaty.”, “I am le tired”, “I am kinda sore.”, “I have so many other things to do.” Psh. It is rarely a very legit reason. In the past few weeks, I have been working out in the evenings, but this morning I was feeling a bit stressy and on edge, so I decided to go to the gym in the morning and it set the day up to be way less stressful and productive. Even if you go for a walk, dance, do a jog around the neighbourhood…It doesn’t have to be a crazy intense 1-2 hr session. Just get movin’, elevate your heart rate and get a sweat going. 99.9999% of the time, you’ll feel better or even fantastic afterwards.
Anyway, I kind of trailed off. Back to the music. It is all across the board. There are certain songs I workout to that I am very close to disliking, but in a workout context, it seems to pass as good at the time, hehe. I have tried to italicized all the ones that containing either swearing or… raunchiness, I suppose you could call it, just in case that’s not your cup of tea.
I have listed 30 and perhaps in another month I’ll do another list with another 20-30 songs.
Here is some refreshing Iced Lemon Green Tea, since it always reminds me of something I’d want to drink after a work out:
Favourite Workout Music!
- First of the Year – Skrillex feat. Foreign Beggars
- Still Gettin’ It – Skrillex
- Electric Feel – MGMT
- Dragonaut – Sleep
- I Follow Rivers (Dave Sitek Remix) – Lykke Li
- Know Your Enemy – Rage Against the Machine
- Erased – Paradise Lost
- All I Wanna Do – Methods of Mayhem
- Caligulove – Them Crooked Vultures
- Breathe (The Glitch Mob Remix) – Prodigy
- Survivalism – Nine Inch Nails
- Only – Nine Inch Nails
- Clash – Caravan Palace
- One More Night – Maroon 5
- You’re Going Down – Sick Puppies
- Say You’ll Haunt Me – Stone Sour
- Evilution feat. Jonathan Davis – Datsik & Infected Mushroom
- Supermassive Blackhole – Muse
- Better Dayz – Still Ballin ft Trick Daddy – Tupac
- My Rims – Chops
- Uh – Fujiya & Miyagi
- The Hand Clap – Hurricane Chris
- Party People – Nelly ft Fergie
- Ratfinks, Suicide Tanks and Cannibal Girls – Rob Zombie
- Smells Like Teens Spirit – Nirvana
- Breed – Nirvana
- Fett’s Vette – MC Chris
- Devin Martin – Killbot
- GO (Peace Treaty Remix) – Diplo & Oliver Twist
- Sail – AWOLNATION
Are there any songs on my list that you workout to? What are some of your faves? I always enjoy recommendations and new songs to add. 🙂
Happy sweating and good lovin’ to your body!