These are some healthy yummy vegan and gluten free cookies. I have made them twice and plan to make them again soon for Christmas. I think I’ll use a number of different cookie cutters, but I do love the little bears. 😉 As much as I love chocolate, I actually preferred the ones without the cacao in it, although they did remind me a bit of the cookie part of an oreo, so perhaps I can try those again and add some filling to make a vegan oreo. Actually, I think oreos are vegan? Anyway. Happy Holidays!
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Wrap the dough in parchment paper or plastic and chill the dough for at least one hour or longer (till firm enough to roll out).
- Preheat oven to 325F. Remove the rough and place in-between two pieces of parchment paper. Roll out until it is quite thin and then use whichever cookie cutter you have to cut out the cookies. You may need to use a thin spatula to lift up the cookies so they don't fall apart.
- Bake the cookies for about 10-12 minutes (slightly longer for thicker cookies) or till slightly golden around the edges. They will firm up slightly once they've cooled and if you keep them stored in the fridge.
- Decorate in any way that you wish. I made some xylitol frosting using almond milk and powdered xylitol and sprinkled some with coconut flakes.