How to make granola bars / Homemade Cereal Bars
I made the video for these homemade granola bar recipes last summer (you may notice it’s posted on my personal youtube channel, before Calm Mind Busy Body existed! :)) I have a whole bunch of other granola bar recipes that I want to try out, so there will probably be another granola bar video in the future (in HD!).
These granola bars are simply awesome. You may be surprized how easy it is to make your own. Store bought granola bars can be expensive, and a lot of them have a lot of ingredients you don’t really need. Making your own helps you keep control on exactly what goes into them, and it’ll save you a lot of money.
I have learned a lot about health and nutrition and have honed in my “cooking skills” in the past year, so I hope to improve these bars with the future batches I make. They are already really good, so I’m excited to see how much tastier I can make them.
Peanut Butter Nut & Cranberry Bar
6 tbs Oats
3 tbs Raisins
1 tsp Cinnamon
2 tbs Walnuts
2 tbs Almonds
5 tbs Dates
1 tsp Nutritional Yeast* (optional)
2 1/2 tbs Wheat Bran
1/2 tsp Brown Rice Syrup / Honey
1 tbs Peanut Butter
*Nutritional Yeast has Protein, Vitamins, is Low in Sodium and adds a nutty, creamy and cheesy flavor when added to baking and cooking.
1. Grind up the oats & wheat bran.
2. Grind up the Walnuts & Almonds
3. Grind up the Raisins & Dates
4.Add all ingredients in a Small-Medium sized bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon or your hands.
5. For a ball with the well-mixed ingredients and pull have of the ball apart and flatten it with the palms of your hands onto a piece of parchment paper.
6. Form bar-shapes (any size you would like the bars) using a knife and your hands.
7. Put a piece of parchment paper on a pan or baking sheet and place the bars on it.
8. Bake at 325F for 15-20 minutes.
Makes approximately 6-8 bars.
Store in plastic wrap.
Banana Nut Bar
1/4 Cup Dates
1 Small Banana
8 tbs Wheat Bran
8 tbs Oats
2 tbs Almonds
1 tbs Walnuts
Use the same process here as for the Peanut Butter bars.
*350F for 15 minutes.
*The Banana Nut bars are naturally softer than the Peanut Butter Bars. If you wish, you could bake them for a little longer if you want them to be a little harder.