I had this green juice for breakfast and through out my morning work out and it gave me tons of energy and made me feel rejuvenated. If you make the juice the night before, you can put it into a bottle and have it for breakfast at home or take with you on the go. I drank almost 32 oz this morning and I’m still feelin’ good at 12pm!
All you need is a juicer, some lovely fruits and veggies and some good vibes. It’ll make you feel goooood!
The amounts are not going to be totally exact, and your apples may be larger than mine…etc… but no matter at all. Mine made almost 32 oz or around 2 glasses. You can made more and put them in containers in the fridge but I suggest drinking it within 24 hours for optimal freshness.
- A good-sized bunch of Swiss Chard (You can also use Kale)
- Small piece of Ginger root
- 5 carrots, peeled (Gets rid of any leftover dirt and prevents a woody taste in the juice)
- Small bunch of Fresh Parsley (helps to freshen your breath!)
- 3 Celery Stalks
- 1/2 a cucumber (I threw this in because I had it lying around. It will make your juice a bit more watery)
- 4 small apples, chopped (don’t add the seeds into the juicer)
- A squeeze of lemon or lime (I accidentally added a bit of the lime into my juicer and it jammed it… so just squeeze it into the glass and stir!)
Now have fun juicing them! I like to chill my juice before I drink it. You can even pop it into the freezer for a bit if you don’t forget about it.
I find it helps to alternate between harder produce and ones that are easier to juice, such as parsley, so for example, I’ll juice some carrots, and then the parsley, then the apples, the swiss chard, the ginger…etc.