It has been mighty toasty here, and I’ve been switching from hot beverages to cooler and more refreshing ones. This one is very delicious. Have you ever had or heard of Haskap berries or Haskap juice? It may be hard to find, but here is where you can find Haskap products. The Haskap juice that I used in this iced tea is very rich and full of flavour. It reminds me of a human equivalent to True Blood. 😉 If you can’t find it near you, keep your eyes out and maybe request your store/market to start carrying it! The Haskap juice can be omitted completely or replaced with something else.
- a few cups of water
- *2 tea bags lemon ginger green tea tea / lemon zinger tea / honey lemon ginger tea...etc
- 1 tbs xylitol / agave / maple syrup / stevia / honey
- 3 tbs haskap juice (can be omitted or replaced with another healthy juice)
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- ice cubes
- *Yogi Tea Lemon Ginger (caffeine-free)
- *Stash Lemon Ginger Green Tea
- Boil the water and steep 2 tea bags. After steeping, remove tea bags and add in the xylitol, hascap juice and lemon juice. Allow to cool before placing in the fridge to chill.
- Once chilled, pour into a glass (I enjoy drinking it with a glass straw!) and add in some ice cubes. So refreshing. 🙂