Here is the Seed’n’Nuts Carrot Cake bar from my epic day of granola bar testing! The two others I made from that day are Peanut Butter & Banana Nut Bars and Chewy Chocolatey Bars. These carrot bars are sooo good. Out of the three flavours, these were eaten the quickest! 🙂 Very fresh tasting and full of flavour. Not to mention how great it feels to be eating such yummy food with all natural ingredients.
How to make Granola Bars –
Seed’n’Nuts Carrot Cake Granola Bars
- 5 tbs pitted dates
- 2 tbs walnuts
- 2 tbs cashews/almonds
- 2-3 tbs pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 5-6 tbs grated carrot
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 6 tbs rolled oats
- 3 tbs wheat bran
- Grate up the carrot.
- In a food processor / magic bullet, lightly grind up the dates, oats and the walnuts and cashews/almonds. Don't over-process as you want to keep some of the crunchiness from the nuts and chewiness from the oats.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add in the grated carrot, the dates, nuts, oats, wheat bran, the pumpkin seeds and the cinnamon.
- Mix together well. If you find that there isn't enough sticky-substances in the mixture to fully combine everything together, blend up a few more pitted dates and add it into the mixture. (Using your hands to mix everything works better than using a spoon.)
- When you are able to form a solid ball with the mixture, then you have the right consistency. Place ball onto a cutting board, and flatten it with your hand. Then use a rolling pin to flatten it out, as thick or thin as you want your bars to be.
- Cut off the uneven edges of the mixture and put them aside to use after. Cut your granola bars and place then on a parchment paper on top of a baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes. Once you remove them from the oven, leave them to cool for a few minutes. They will harden as they cool down.