Here is the Chewy Chocolate Granola bar from my epic day of granola bar testing! The two others I made from that day are Peanut Butter & Banana Nut Bars and Seed’n’Nuts Carrot Cake bars. These are great if you would like a healthy chocolate-craving type of snack. 🙂 I personally love these granola bars for pre/post workout snacks.
How to make Granola Bars –
Chewy Chocolate Granola Bars
- 6 tbs Whole Grain Oats
- 3 tbs Wheat Bran
- 1/4 cup Pitted Dates
- 3 tbs Raisins
- 4 tbs Walnuts
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 tsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tbs Cocoa
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Optional: Pinch of sea salt
1. In a food processor / magic bullet, lightly grind up the dates, oats, raisins and the walnuts. Don’t over-process as you want to keep some of the crunchiness from the nuts and chewiness from the oats.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, add in the dates, walnuts, oats, wheat bran, and raisins. Then add in the cinnamon, maple syrup, cocoa, vanilla and salt.
4. Mix together well. If you find that there isn’t enough sticky-substances in the mixture to fully combine everything together, blend up a few more pitted dates and add it into the mixture. (Using your hands to mix everything works better than using a spoon.)
5. When you are able to form a solid ball with the mixture, then you have the right consistency. Place ball onto a cutting board, and flatten it with your hand. Then use a rolling pin to flatten it out, as thick or thin as you want your bars to be.
6. Cut off the uneven edges of the mixture and put them aside to use after. Cut your granola bars and place then on a parchment paper on top of a baking sheet.
Preheat oven to 325F
7. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes. Once you remove them from the oven, leave them to cool for a few minutes. They will harden as they cool down.