I don’t know why, but things just seem to taste yummier out of a mason jar and with a large glass straw. (Mine is from Glass Dharma!) I love coffee, but I have been somewhat regretting pouring myself steaming cup while it is crazy hot outside. I didn’t want to spend $3-5+ iced beverage at a coffee shop, so I have been making my own and it doesn’t take much time at all! I am looking forward to trying out a bunch of other kinds of cold caffeinated beverages.
Want it hot? – Just omit the ice cubes and warm it up in a pot after everything is blended if it isn’t hot enough. The whipped cream probably tastes even better with the hot latte.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk / nondairy milk
- ¼ cup brewed coffee
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin / pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2-3 tsp xylitol (or you could use maple syrup/agave/coconut nectar...etc)
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- optional: coffee ice cubes (brewed coffee poured and frozen in an icecube tray)
- optional: Coconut Milk Whipped Cream (to plop on top of your latte!) (instructions below)
- optional: I added a ½ tbs of vegan chocolate chips in one of my latte batches.. it was yummy but certainly not needed. :}
- Add the milk, coffee, pumpkin, xylitol, spices and icecubes in a blender and blend well. Pour into a glass, add extra icecubes if you wish, and add some whipped cream on top. You can store any leftover latte in the fridge for a couple of days.
- For the Whipped Cream, place a can of full fat Coconut Milk in the fridge overnight. Open up the can and scoop out of thick top layer, leaving the liquid at the bottom. Place the thick coconut milk in a blender, along with some vanilla extract and 1-2 packets of xylitol (or your choice of sweetener) and blenddddd until whipped. Then I like to place it in the fridge for 30 minutes or so to set it and then it is the most delicious whipped cream ever!