Quick and easy and very tasty Kidney Bean Burgers. Tastes great even if you omit most of the ingredients. I just enjoyed throwing different things in and seeing how it tasted. As long as you have the kidney beans, the oats and some kind of binding ingredient, you should be in business!
- 2-1/2 Cups Canned Kidney Beans
- ½ cup Rolled Oats
- 2 tbs Low Sodium Tamari / Liquid Aminos / Coconut Aminos
- 1 clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 Green Onion, cut in half and both halves minced
- Shake of Onion Powder
- ½ Cut Baby Spinach, ripped into small pieces
- 2-3 Tbs Nutritional Yeast
- Handful of Sunflower and Pumpkin Seeds
- A few tomato slices, for topping
- Few drops of hot sauce, optional
- ¼ Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Oregano/Basil
- Drain and rinse Kidney Beans. Place in large bowl and mash with potato masher.
- Add in the Oats, Tamari, Marinade or BBQ Sauce, Garlic, White half of the green onion, Onion Powder, Spinach, Nutritional Yeast and the seeds. Mix well.
- Heat a non-stick skillet with a small amount of oil and heat to low-medium.
- Form patties with the bean mixture and heat on skillet for a few minutes on either side, until they get crispy and brown. If the pan gets dry, try adding a small amount of the marinade to it. It'll boost the flavor of the burgers and you won't have to add more oil if you don't want to.
Place a tomato slice on each of the burgers and serve with or without buns. These are delicious! I had them for lunch and dinner today. 😡 I also put extra spinach on top of them.
*Random mushroom is a leftover from dinner last night. Didn’t want it to go back in the fridge so I threw him in too. 🙂