No Bake Pumpkin Pecan Butter Tarts
- 1 cup Raw Walnuts
- 1 cup Raw Cashews
- 5-6 pitted Dates
- 2 tbs Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp Earth Balance Vegan Butter or Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 2 cups Pumpkin Puree / Canned Pumpkin (Make sure the can only contains pumpkin - no other ingredients, such as sweetener or spices)
- ½ cup Pure Maple Syrup or Honey
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 10 pitted Dates
- 3 tsp Earth Balance Vegan Butter or 2 tsp Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- ½ cup Pecans
- Add all of the crust ingredients into a food professor and chop until everything is broken down and processed. Add into a bowl and stir to make sure everything is mixed.
- Get out a muffin tin and cut little squares of plastic wrap and line each of the muffin tins (I got about 7 tarts from my crust mixture). Firmly press the crust mixture into each of the lined muffin cups. You don’t want the crust to be too thin or it won’t be able to hold together once you remove them, so take your time making each one so that the crust is of even thickness.
- Now for the Pumpkin filling: Get out a bowl and add in 2 cups of pumpkin puree, ½ cup maple syrup/honey, 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie spice and the sea salt. Mix. Put the 10 pitted dates in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add into the bowl with the pumpkin filling, along with the vegan butter/coconut oil (slightly melted so it is easier to mix). Mix everything well. Now place all of the mixture into the food processor (you may have to do this in separate batches depending on the size of your food processor/blender) and blend until smooth. Transfer back to bowl and gently fold in the whole pecans.
- Spoon the pumpkin mixture into each of your crusts, top with a single whole pecan (optional, but it looks pretty!) and place in the fridge for a couple of hours so everything gets firmed up.
- Remove from fridge. Carefully lift out the tarts by holding onto the plastic wrap and serve! You can top with some whipped cream or eat on its own.