I had this easy Portobello Mushroom Burger recipe messily written on a nasty piece of paper and I found it and made some after not doing so for over a year. One of the best, fast and healthy recipes I’ve ever had! Yummmm. For those who like burgers, this might just be meaty enough to satisfy you without you missing the meat!
- 6 Medium/Large Portobello Mushrooms (or as many burgers as you want to make)
- ¼ Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Oregano/Basil
- Ground Pepper, to taste
- Optional: Your choice of Vegan Cheese
- Tomato, sliced (for topping)
- 1 Green Onion, chopped (for garnish/topping)
- Wash mushrooms, remove stems carefully. Place mushroom caps in a shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Vinegar, Olive Oil, Oregano, Garlic and Pepper.
- Pour mixture over mushrooms. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes, turning at least once during that time.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet to low-medium heat. Place mushrooms on skillet and cook for 5-8 minutes on each time or until tender. Top with the cheese, tomato and green onion in the last couple of minutes of cooking.
Serve on a bun or bread, or without. I served mine with sweet potato and some brussel sprouts. Yum!