I had made a recipe video for a contest back in October, but I just realized that I never made it into a post on the site, so here it is! Possibly one of the most delicious raw desserts I’ve ever had!
Raw Brownies with Raw Chocolate Icing
- 2 cups Almond Meal (Can use 1 cup Almond Meal, 1 cup ground Cashews)
- 1 cup Cacao Powder
- 3½ cups Pitted Dates
- ½ cup Jungle Peanuts (can use regular peanuts)
- Pinch of pink sea salt
- ⅓ cup Soaked Dates
- ¼ cup Yacon/other liquid sweetener
- ½ cup Ripe Avocado
- ⅓ cup Cacao powder
- Raw Cacao Nibs
- Shredded Coconut
For Brownie Mixture:
- Add almond meal + cacao powder into a bowl.
- Process the dates in a food processor until blended and add into bowl.
- Chop up the Jungle Peanuts into small pieces by pulsing in a food processor or wrapping in a thin cloth and mashing with the end of a wooden spoon. Add into the bowl. Add in the Sea salt and then start mixing the ingredients. Finish off the mixing by using your hands.
- Line a brownie pan with plastic wrap. Add in the brownie mixture so that it is even and smoothed over. Pack the mixture with your hands so that it is very firm and compact. Place in the fridge while you make the icing.
- Add all of the icing ingredients into a food processor and then blend until spoon. You may need to scrape down the sides of the processor with a spatula so that everything is properly mixed.
- Once the icing is ready, take out the brownie pan from the fridge and use a spatula to spread a layer of the icing over the top of it. Sprinkle with cacao nibs & shredded coconut (optional). Place the brownies back in the fridge for 1-2 hrs and then you can remove from the pan and cut the brownies. Keep leftovers stored in the fridge.