I haven’t made any raw recipes aka raw desserts (!!) for a long time. I had purchased some maca and mesquite powder a few months ago and hadn’t really dove into them, so I chose mesquite and made what are probably some of the yummiest raw chocolates I have made yet! Not to say I am a master of raw chocolate by any means, but these are super tasty and the caramel filling is stellar. 😀
- 15 pitted dates, soaked for a few minutes and drained
- pinch of pink sea salt
- ½ heaping tbs mesquite powder
- 1 tbs melted coconut oil
- 1 tbs peanut butter / almond butter
- To make the caramel filling, blend all ingredients until smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides of your blender/food processor with a spatula multiple times to ensure everything is fully blended. Set aside while you made the chocolate.
- Add all chocolate fudge ingredients into a bowl and mix until fully combined. Get out a baking sheet and place a piece of parchment paper on top. Dollop around ½ tbs of the chocolate mixture on the sheet and add about a tsp of caramel filling on top of that. Then cover with another ½ tbs of chocolate. Repeat! Add a whole almond on top if you wish. Place in the fridge or freezer for around 30 minutes to allow the chocolates to firm up a bit.
- Store in an airtight container and eat within 3-5 days.