Very versatile vegan pate. This is especially great for someone who is having tuna-type cravings, but is following a vegetarian/vegan/raw diet. You can add in different herbs and spices, depending on your tastes. Maybe add in a little bit of fresh dill, some cayenne, nutritional yeast….have fun playing around with it. I find this a little heavy to eat on its own, so I like having a little bit of the side with some raw vegetables, or in a lettuce wrap, or a bit on top of a spinach salad.
- 2 1/2 cups soaked sunflower seeds (I soaked them overnight…I recommend 8-12 hrs)
- 3 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 juiced lemons
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 purple onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder or 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped kelp (I briefly soaked the dried kelp and then added it into the food processor)
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Blend everything together well in a food processor! Chill before serving or eat right away.
Great in a leafy green salad, on crackers, raw veggies, paired with slices of plums or peaches… eat inside a wheat/gluten-free wrap or lettuce wrap… or eat on its own! Very versatile.