Yummy any time of day vegetable bowl with dark leafy greens, chopped raw veggies and some cooked Millet and some quick tasty dressing ideas. Very quick to whip up, especially if you have some millet cooked in advance. I like this because it tastes awesome and is filling but is still light so you can still go about your day afterward without feeling bulked down. I got this idea from Kevin and Annmarie Gianni at Renegade Health dot com. They are awesome and have so much useful information and daily content.
- Cooked millet (or you could use Barley, wild rice, quinoa..)
- 3-4 Mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tomato, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- sprinkle of sunflower seeds and a few raisins (optional)
- 2-3 Swiss Chard Leaves, tough stems removed and leaves torn into bite-sized pieces
- a small amount of ginger root, grated on top at the end or chopped very fine
- Dressing ideas: Fresh lemon/lime juice, tamari, ground pepper, cayenne, balsamic vinegar, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, extra virgin olive oil, sesame oil…
To cook the millet, I added 1 cup of millet and a cup of water and brought it to a bowl and then covered the pot and lowered the heat to a simmer for about 15 minutes, or when all the water had been absorbed.
- Add 4-5 tbs/1/4 cup cooked Millet while it’s still warm and add in the Swiss Chard, mixing them together so that the Chard wilts a little.
- Add in all the other ingredients and choose what dressing you want on top. I had some lemon juice, ground pepper, cayenne, a bit of balsamic vinegar and a tiny amount of olive oil. Lurrrrrvley!
Someone else was interested too! She’s pregnant 🙂