I have been wanting vegan smores for a couple of years now. There are a bunch of other posts on vegan smores, but I thought I would also post one since I was just a little excited about it and I had always eaten all of the marshmallows before I had the chance to make them, so I made sure to not let that happen.
If you didn’t know about vegan marshmallows, or that regular marshmallows weren’t vegan, then hopefully you are pleasantly surprized and can try them out and see how they compare to non-vegan marshmallows.
What You’ll Need to Make Gluten-Free Vegan Smores:
- Vegan Marshmallows – Dandies, Sweet & Sara
- Vegan Gluten-Free Graham Crackers - Gluten-Free Vegan Graham Crackers (Contains honey – If you don’t eat honey, skip to the homemade Graham crackers below)
- Store-bought Vegan Chocolate Chips / Chocolate - Vegan Chocolate Chunks, Chocolate Chips, Dark Chocolate – I ended up using Endangered Species Dark Chocolate Halloween Treats since I had a few left
All From Scratch Method
- Homemade Vegan Marshmallow – I have never made my own before, but here is a recipe.
- Homemade Vegan Graham Crackers – Non-Gluten Free Graham Crackers, Gluten-Free Graham Crackers
- Homemade Vegan Chocolate – Make vegan chocolate and put into a chocolate bar mould instead of the little ones I used in this post or use this recipe for more specific measurements.
- Get out your graham crackers – two for each “smores”. If you are using already made chocolate, get it out and make sure it fits onto your graham crackers. Break it so it fits, if needed.
- Now get out a skewer for your marshmallows and toast them in a fireplace, camp fire, gas stove…etc, until toasty, melty and delicious (I’m sure these instructions are a bit unnecessary as I’m sure most people have made these.. I’m just a little late in the game as this was my first time making them.).
- When the marshmallows are ready, place them on top of the graham cracker with the chocolate on top of it and then put the other graham cracker on top of the marshmallows and squeeze down so the marshmallows slide off the skewer. If the chocolate isn’t melted enough, you can pop it in the microwave for a few seconds, if you’d like.