This is one of my favourite ways to eat sweet potatos! I’m not so much into eating them when they are baked whole, but I love them when they are turned into noodles or fries! (or burgers, or in pancakes… :P). This is a quick way to get a fun and healthy meal. Just spiralize or julienne a peeled sweet potato, cook with a bit of coconut oil in a pan and toss on top of a bed of greens with your favourite dressing and spices. I need to try it with Daiya cheese sometimes… mmm.
- 1 small/medium sweet potato, peeled with ends chopped off and spiralized (you can also use a julienne peeler if you don't have a spiralizer)
- ½ tbs liquid aminos / low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- nutritional yeast
- ground black pepper
- squeezed fresh lemon
- handful of baby spinach
- ½ tbs coconut oil, for skillet
- sunflower seeds
- 1 fresh basil leaf, minced
- Prepare your sweet potato by peeled, chopping the ends and spiralizing it. Heat up a bit of coconut oil in a non-stick skillet and pan fry the sweet potato until it gets a bit tender and crispy in areas if you'd like. Add in the liquid aminos, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, black pepper and lemon and mix until the sweet potato is evenly coated.
- Once it is cooked to your liking, get out a bowl and add in a bed of greens/baby spinach, place the sweet potato noodles on top and then top with your favourite dressing, salsa, sunflower seeds, raisins, minced fresh basil...etc. I just used what I had. :)
- Enjoy! Yum yum yum.