I ordered from Well.ca for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I was able to pick a free sample from a selection of items. I chose a sample size of Taste of Nature’s Cranberry bar. I shared it with my mom and we both agreed that it was sooo good. Love the ingredients, the texture, the flavour… I have seen Taste of Nature bars in the health/organic section of stores before, but there are so many different brands that I hadn’t ever tried them before. It was very nice to find out that they are based in Canada. :o) One of the lovely people at Taste of Nature sent me a box of their bars to try out and review. I’m hoping more people will go out and try them if they are only hearing about them now. They are definitely one of my favourite bars that I’ve ever tried. Some of the flavours -might- even be right at the top!
- Join their Facebook Page
- Taste of Nature Website
- Well.ca (Sells Taste of Nature Bars with Free Canadian Shipping)
Onto the review! I’ve tried 9 out of the 12 bars so far and all have been great so I thought I’d go ahead and start the review. I’ve been sharing them with other people so we could all try a bit of each kind and the reviews have been all positive. My mom demands that I get her a box of the Cranberry kind. 😉 I’m definitely ordering more once I’ve tried the last 3.
Here they are in all their loveliness:
Individual Bar Review: (Not a crazily thorough review, just my brief insights)
- Go Ontario!: I believe this is the first bar Taste of Nature started with. Lower in Calories than the rest. Very raisiny and fresh. Not my favourite amongst the rest but still very good. 🙂
- California Almond Valley: Very nice texture. A -tad- too sweet for my personal taste, but it might have just been that particular bar.
- Brazilian Nut Fiesta: So good!
- Niagara Apple Country: Very Good. One of my faves…I think I’ll be getting a box of these soon. Lovely apple flavour.
- Argentina Peanut Plains: This one is made of only three ingredients! This was was definitely nice too, but I prefer the textures and diverse flavours of the other bars since this one is just made up of Peanuts and a couple of natural sweeteners.
- Quebec Cranberry Carnival: First one I ever tried and still one of my favourites!
- Nova Scotia Blueberry Fields: Very good… no artificial blueberry flavour as it has real blueberries in it. 🙂
- Persian Pomegranate Garden: Softer texture than the rest (Go Ontario! was similar) Very unique flavour. Thumbs up!
- Caribbean Ginger Island: Awesome flavour. Rice crispy-esque texture (in a good way) and fresh real ginger taste. Never tried a bar quite like this one before. I think this is one of my faves too.
- Himalayan Goji Summit: This one turned out to be one of my faves! I’ve already bought a box of these from well.ca :o)
- Mediterranean Pistachio Passion: I don’t believe I’ve ever had pistachio in a bar before! Very unique taste.
- Canadian Maple Forest: Pretty tasty, but not my favourite out of the bunch.
(The following images were taken from Tasteofnature.ca) Here are the ingredients in some of the bars so you can see how natural they are. No crazy chemicals or preservatives!
Ingredients in Quebec Cranberry Carnival:
Peanuts*, raisins*, agave nectar*, sesame seeds*, almonds*, cranberries* (cranberries*, apple juice concentrate*, sunflower oil*), pumpkin seeds*, brown rice syrup*, whole grain brown rice crisps*, cranberry flavour*.
Ingredients in Canadian Maple Forest:
Pecans*, apricots*, Brazil nuts*, honey*, brown rice syrup*, raisins*, whole grain brown rice crisps*, agave nectar*, maple syrup*, maple flavour*, vanilla flavour*, sea salt*
Ingredients in Persian Pomegranate Garden
Cashews*, walnuts*, apples*, agave nectar*, figs*, cranberries* (cranberries*, apple juice concentrate*, sunflower oil*), pomegranate juice concentrate*, whole grain crisp rice*, brown rice syrup*, raspberries*.
I’ve been enjoying these as a pre-workout bar. It feels so good putting something in my body when I know exactly what the ingredients are and when they are healthy. 🙂
Alrighty, well I guess that’s it for now. I hope you give these a try if you see them about.