Geez, it’s been a long time since I’ve added anything new to Calm Mind Busy Body. I’ve had a lot going on with moving, having 2 jobs, adopting two kittens (!!!) and losing a bit of inspiration for my site for a while, so I thought it was good that I step away from it for a few weeks. I’d like to at least update it once a month, because I do love creating content and experimenting with new recipes. 🙂
Fall is here! I love fall and everything that makes me think of fall – the colours, the smells, the need for cozy clothes and warm beverages! I whipped up some fast little treats that should take under 30 minutes all told. They are mini donut/muffin hybrid things made with apple cider vinegar, spices and maple syrup!
Here are the two naughty furry critters – Charlie & Lilith:
- 3 tbs apple cider vinegar
- ¼ + 1 tbs cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ + 1 tbs unsweetened applesauce
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- ½ tbs xylitol(optional)
- 1 cup organic all-purpose flour
- ½ tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon (I also added ¼ tsp pumpkin spice)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Add all ingredients into a Vitamix (or whatever you have on hand), or mix thoroughly by hand. Add a heaping tablespoon into a non-stick mini muffin tray. I rubbed a bit of olive oil into each of the muffin cups just to be on the safe side, but I don't think it really needed it.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Leave to cool for a few minutes before transferring onto a cooling rack.
- I made up a bit of vegan butter cream frosting for some of them by mixing ¼ cup vegan butter (I used Earth Balance) with a heaping ¼ cup of powdered sugar (I used a mixture of cane sugar and xylitol that I ground up into a fine powder) and whipped that together. They are delicious without it though! 🙂 Eat slightly warm or wait till they fully cool. I ate a few with some lemon herbal tea. Nom!