Fast and easy to make chickpea pancakes to be eaten at any time of day. Eat on their own or topped with sauces, chutneys, spreads, veggies, veggie meats… experiment!
- 1 cup chickpea/besan flour
- 1 cup water
- 2-3 tbs nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- cayenne/red pepper flakes
- pinch of sea salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp egg replacer
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil (and more for cooking – I used sesame oil for the cooking)
- Add all of the dry ingredients together. Mix together and then add in the water and olive oil. Mix well until all the bubbles and lumps are gone. Leave for about an hour.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet on medium-low heat with a small amount of oil. Take 1/4 cup of the batter and add into skillet. It should disperse nicely without having to roll around the pan. After about a minute, or when bubbles start to appear, use a spatula and carefully flip the pancake over and cook on the other side for about 25-30 more seconds. Place on a paper towel to absorb any extra oil. Repeat for the rest of the batter.
- Chickpea pancakes with spiced pumpkin puree spread on top, with a drizzle of honey dijoin and fresh romaine lettuce. It tasted like a burger or something…I don’t know, it was just GOOD!
- Chickpea pancake with spicy shredded cabbage stir fry on top, with some spicy mexican veggie ground meat mixed in. Yum yum.