Similar to the Blueberry Walnut Buckwheat Bake, but with apple! I like to eat these warmed up and topped with Tofutti cream cheese and jam. So filling too...I think 3/4 of the bake is probably my ideal amount... I still ate the whole thing regardless. :S These keep in the fridge for a few days so you have have breakfast ready for half the week. They may also do well if frozen. I will have to investigate this.
- ¼ cup buckwheat flour (ground up buckwheat groats)
- 1 tbs buckwheat groats
- 1 tbs chia seed
- 2 tbs gluten free oats
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp egg replacer
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbs chopped walnuts
- 1 tbs thompson raisins
- 4 tbs unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 tbs unsweetened almond milk / soy / hemp / rice
- ½ tbs light agave nectar / maple syrup / honey
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ large apple, chopped into small pieces (gala, pink lady, red delicious...)
- Get out a medium-sized bowl and add in the buckwheat flour, buckwheat groats, chia seeds, gluten free oats, flax meal, baking powder, egg replacer, cinnamon, nutmeg, walnuts and raisins and mix together.
- Next, add in the wet ingredients - Applesauce, milk, agave and vanilla extract and mix well until everything is combined. Fold in the chopped apple.
- Distribute the mixture evenly into two ramekins. Cook in microwave for approximately 5½ minutes. (I did it in rounds of 1½ minutes). Be careful removing since the ramekins will be hot. Allow to fully cool and then cover and place in the fridge or eat in the ramekin or transport onto a plate.
- Serve with some jam, more walnuts or some peanut/almond butter, or even some vegan cream cheese is quite yummy with jam. Cut them in half if you want a smaller portion since they are dense and quite filling.