Now that I’ve moved into a new apartment, I now have a working oven again! So, I’ve tweaked this recipe I posted a few weeks ago that was cooked in the microwave. This version is baked and very low sugar. It is a delicious breakfast and perfect for those looking for a gluten free bake. If you want to check out the microwave version, you can find it here.
- ¼ cup buckwheat flour (ground up buckwheat groats)
- 1 tbs buckwheat groats
- 1 tbs chia seed
- 2 tbsgluten free oats
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp egg replacer
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs thompson raisins
- 1 packet of xylitol
- 4 tbs unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 tbs unsweetened almond milk / soy / hemp / rice
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅓-1/2 cup blueberries, partially thawed / fresh blueberries
- optional: 1 tbs vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Get out a medium-sized bowl and add in the buckwheat flour, buckwheat groats, chia seeds, gluten free oats, flax meal, baking powder, egg replacer, cinnamon, and raisins and mix together.
- Next, add in the wet ingredients – Applesauce, milk, agave and vanilla extract and mix well until everything is combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Distribute the mixture evenly into two ramekins. Bake for 20-25 minutes. If storing in the fridge, allow them to fully cool first. (I like them once they’ve firmed up a bit in the fridge and then I reheat them slightly with tofutti cream cheese and strawberry jam. )
- Serve with jam, marmalade, vegan cream cheese, peanut/almond butter… Cut them in half if you want a smaller portion since they are dense and quite filling. You can even top them with slices of banana or fresh fruit.