I'm still on a pumpkin kick and i've been loving these little single-serving cakes. I've made mini chocolate cakes, carob cakes, buckwheat cakes, blueberry cakes and now pumpkin cakes with carob chips and yummy cashew cream. You can omit the cashew cream altogether for a lighter dessert with less calories, but I think a little cashew cream every now and then is just fine. ;)
- 2 tbs coconut flour
- 2 tbs all purpose gluten free flour
- 1 tbs buckwheat groats
- 1 tbs gluten free oats
- 1 tbs carob chips
- 1 tsp egg replacer
- 1 tsp xylitol / 1 packet of xylitol
- 2 tbs pumpkin puree
- ½ tbs maple syrup (or try agave/honey/coconut nectar)
- 2 tbs unsweetened almond milk / or rice, soy, hemp..
Cashew Cream Filling
- ¾ cup raw cashews (soaked in water for a couple of hours)
- ¼ cup of filtered water
- 1 tbs honey/agave nectar
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp softened Earth Balance vegan butter spread
- pinch of sea salt (I used Himalayan Pink Sea Salt)
- Once the cashews have been soaked, drain them and then blend them and the rest of the ingredients in a blender/food processor until smooth. Leave in the fridge until ready to use.
- Before you start the pumpkin mixture, I would start with soaking the cashews and getting the cashew cream ready and in the fridge.
- Next, get out a medium-sized bowl and add in the coconut flour, gluten free flour, buckwheat groats, oats, carob chips, egg replacer and xylitol and mix together.
- Now add in the wet ingredients - 2 tbs pumpkin puree, ½ tbs maple syrup and milk and mix well.
- Get out two ramekins and distribute the mixture evenly between the two. Cook in microwave for about 3½ - 4 minutes. Carefully remove (ramekins will be hot) and allow to cool before placing in the fridge to firm up.
- When the pumpkin cakes have completely cooled, carefully remove them from the ramekins and cut them in half length-wise and spread some of the cashew cream mixture on top and then put the two cake halves back together. Add some of the cashew cream on top of the cake if you wish. You can add a few carob chips and/or cacao nibs on top, some chopped walnuts or sprinkle on some oats or buckwheat groats.