Are you a fan of pumpkin and sour cream? I had made a mac and cheesey type sauce with some canned pumpkin and had a little bit left over, so I decided to make some vegan sour cream and try adding the left over pumpkin to it, and it is very tasty! Great for dipping raw veggies, on top of a salad, mixed into rice/couscous/quinoa, as a replacement for mayo on a sandwich…and I’m sure you guys can think of tons of other ways to use it.
If you aren’t a huge pumpkin fan, then you can omit it and just make a plain sour cream.
- ½ package of silken firm tofu
- ½ tbs extra virgin olive oil
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp agave nectar / your preferred vegan sweetener
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbs nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin / pumpkin puree (can add more or less, depending on how much pumpkin flavour you want)
- Just blend all ingredients together until smooth! Tastes best when chilled.