I can’t stop eating sweet potatoes. I have been eating at least one a day for two weeks. Is that bad? I’m sure I’ll get tired of them in…another week. Maybe. This is a quick little veggie stir fry with only a couple a few ingredients. The sweet potato is a bit “noodley”, so it is a nice alternative to actual noodles. I might try to use my spiralizer next time, if the sweet potato isn’t too hard for it. Next time I want to add some green onion and more veggies. I didn’t have much in the fridge and I just wanted to eat as soon as possible. :}
- 1 medium sweet potato
- handful of shredded cabbage
- small handful of raisins
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp low sodium soy sauce / liquid aminos
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning, optional
- 1 vegan hotdog/sausage, chopped, optional
- ground black pepper, to taste
- pinch of sea salt
- coconut oil, for pan (1 or 2 tsp)
- Heat up the coconut oil in a non-stick pan to medium-high heat. Chop the ends off the sweet potato, peel it and use a julienne peeler to peel the sweet potato into strips. I usually peel it straight into the pan.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix with a spatula. Cook for around 10 minutes, or until the sweet potato has gotten a bit soft but crispy in certain areas.
- Add some hot sauce or sriracha on top. Some chopped green onion would be good too!